Squid recipe with greens– Greek recipes
Traditional Greek recipes from the island of Crete.
Its local name is “Kalamarákia me chórta” which means “Squid with greens”in Greek
Local name of the dish: Kalamarákia me chórta
Place of origin: Greek recipes,
Type of course: Main dish
Type of cooking: Boiled
List of ingredients of Squid recipe with greens :
- 1 kilo (2.2 lbs)squid
- 1 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1-2 onions
- 2-3 cloves of garlic
- 1 bunch dill
- 1 kilo (1.1 lb) stewed greens (giachnerà) and spinach
- 1/2 kilo (0.55 lb) tomatoes or 2 lemons
Preparation of Squid recipe with greens:
- Clean and wash the squid.
- Place them in a pot without adding any water, as they will produce their own liquid.
- When their liquid is completely absorbed, add the extra virgin olive oil, onions, the coarsely cut garlic, as well as the dill.
- Add a little water and boil.
- Then blanch the greens and add them into the pot.
- Pour the lemon juice or tomato and pepper and let them boil, until all liquid is absorbed.
Our recipes are collected directly from local people or authors living in Spain, Italy and Greece.
They have shared with us their local recipes and their Mediterranean lifestyle secrets.
This Greek recipe can be also included at Mediterranean recipes, Healthy recipes, Vegetarian recipes, fasting recipes or Lenten recipes group.
Traditional Greek recipes
Squid recipe with greens – Traditional Greek recipes
005078http://www.recipes.spitella.net/squid-recipe-greens-greek-recipes/http://www.recipes.spitella.net/wp-content/uploads/sites/26/2014/09/005078-Squid-recipe-with-greens–-Greek-recipes.jpghttp://www.recipes.spitella.net/wp-content/uploads/sites/26/2014/09/005078-Squid-recipe-with-greens–-Greek-recipes-150x150.jpgFasting recipesGreek recipesHealthy RecipesMain dish recipesMediterranean recipesCretan diet,Cretan recipes,fasting recipes,fish recipes,greek diet,greek recipes,healthy recipes,lenten recipes,mediterranean diet,mediterranean diet recipes,mollusca recipes,recipes from Crete,squid recipes,traditional greek recipes,wild greens recipesTraditional Greek recipes from the island of Crete. Its local name is “Kalamarákia me chórta” which means “Squid with greens”in Greek Local name of the dish: Kalamarákia me chórta Place of origin: Greek recipes, Type of course: Main dish Type of cooking: Boiled List of ingredients of Squid recipe with greens : 1 kilo (2.2 lbs)squid 1...admin firstname.lastname@example.orgUserSpitella