Stuffed squid – Greek recipes
Traditional Greek recipes from the island of Crete.
Its local name is “Kalamarákia gemistá” which means “Stuffed squids” in Greek
Local name of the dish: Kalamarákia gemistá
Place of origin: Greek recipes, recipes from Crete
Type of course: Main dish
Type of cooking: Oven
List of ingredients of stuffed squid recipe:
- 1 1/2 cups EXTRA VIRGIN OLIVE OIL
- 1 kilo (2.2 lb) medium-sized squid
- 1 large onion
- 2 spring onions
- 2 tablespoons dill, finely chopped
- 2 cups rice
- 2 tablespoons plums, finely chopped
- 1/2 teaspoon nutmeg
- 1 lemon, juiced
- Salt to taste
- Pepper to taste
Preparation of stuffed squid recipe:
- Wash and clean the squid.
- Empty them by removing the central membrane.
- Remove the tentacles and finely chop them in a separate bowl.
- Add the onions, dill, rice, plums, 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil, nutmeg, a little salt and pepper.
- Stuff the squid with this mixture.
- Secure the end of each squid with a hard toothpick, so that the stuffing will not come out.
- Place in a wide pot, add 1 1/2 cups water, cover them and simmer for 30-40 minutes.
- Carefully take them out with a fork and place them in a Pyrex dish.
- Sprinkle them with the remainder of the olive oil and lemon.
- Place the squids in the oven for 20-30 minutes at moderate temperature until brown.
- Let them cool and serve.
Our recipes are collected directly from local people or authors living in Spain, Italy and Greece.
They have shared with us their local recipes and their Mediterranean lifestyle secrets.
This Greek recipe can be also included at Mediterranean recipes, or Healthy recipes group.
Stuffed squid – Traditional Greek recipes
005001_v00http://www.recipes.spitella.net/stuffed-squid-greek-recipes/http://www.recipes.spitella.net/wp-content/uploads/sites/26/2014/07/005001-Stuffed-squid-–-Greek-recipes.jpghttp://www.recipes.spitella.net/wp-content/uploads/sites/26/2014/07/005001-Stuffed-squid-–-Greek-recipes-150x150.jpgGreek recipesHealthy RecipesMain dish recipesMediterranean recipesCretan diet,Cretan recipes,fish recipes,greek diet,greek recipes,healthy recipes,mediterranean diet,mediterranean diet recipes,recipes from Crete,seafood recipes,squid recipes,traditional greek recipesTraditional Greek recipes from the island of Crete. Its local name is “Kalamarákia gemistá” which means “Stuffed squids” in Greek Local name of the dish: Kalamarákia gemistá Place of origin: Greek recipes, recipes from Crete Type of course: Main dish Type of cooking: Oven List of ingredients of stuffed squid recipe: 1 1/2 cups EXTRA VIRGIN OLIVE...admin firstname.lastname@example.orgUserSpitella