Chicken pie with mushrooms recipe – Greek recipes
Traditional Greek recipes from the island of Crete.
Its local name is “Kotópita me manitária” which means “Chicken pie with mushrooms” in Greek
Local name of the dish: Kotópita me manitária
Place of origin: Greek recipes, recipes from Crete
Type of course: Appetizer, Main dish
Type of cooking: Oven
List of ingredients of Chicken pie with mushrooms recipe:
- 1 medium sized chicken
- 500gr (1.1 lbs) mushrooms
- 250gr (0.55 lbs) ham
- 250gr (0.55 lbs) cheese, various types
- 1 cup chicken stock
- 1 tablespoon corn flour
- 2 egg whites
- 2-3 cloves of garlic
- 4 sheets phyllo pastry or 2 homemade pastry
- 150gr (0.33 lbs)extra virgin olive oil
Preparation of Chicken pie with mushrooms recipe:
- Boil the chicken, remove the bones and chop it in bite-sized pieces.
- Saute with oil, add the mushrooms, garlic, ham and parsley.
- Layer two phyllo-sheets or one homemade one on an oiled baking pan and place the filling and cheese on top.
- Combine a cup of meat stock, one tablespoon corn flour and two egg whites and prepare a cream.
- Pour over the filling.
- Top with the other two phyllo-sheets (or one homemade one), brush with a little evaporated milk and sprinkle with sesame.
- Bake the pie at a moderate temperature for about half an hour.
Our recipes are collected directly from local people or authors living in Spain, Italy and Greece.
They have shared with us their local recipes and their Mediterranean lifestyle secrets.
This Greek recipe can be also included at Mediterranean recipes or Healthy recipes group.
Traditional Greek recipes
Chicken pie with mushrooms recipe – Traditional Greek recipes
005028_v00https://www.recipes.spitella.net/chicken-pie-mushrooms-recipe-greek-recipes/https://www.recipes.spitella.net/wp-content/uploads/sites/26/2014/07/005028-Chicken-pie-with-mushrooms-recipe-–-Greek-recipes.jpghttps://www.recipes.spitella.net/wp-content/uploads/sites/26/2014/07/005028-Chicken-pie-with-mushrooms-recipe-–-Greek-recipes-150x150.jpgGreek recipesHealthy RecipesMain dish recipesMediterranean recipesStarter - Appetizer recipeschicken pie recipe,chicken recipes,Cretan diet,Cretan recipes,greek diet,greek recipes,healthy recipes,mediterranean diet,mediterranean diet recipes,meze,mushroom pie recipe,mushroom recipes,pie recipes,recipes from Crete,traditional greek recipesTraditional Greek recipes from the island of Crete. Its local name is “Kotópita me manitária” which means “Chicken pie with mushrooms” in Greek Local name of the dish: Kotópita me manitária Place of origin: Greek recipes, recipes from Crete Type of course: Appetizer, Main dish Type of cooking: Oven List of ingredients of Chicken pie with...admin email@example.comUserSpitella