Cuttlefish with rice and broad beans recipe – Chocos con arroz y habas – Spanish recipes
In Huelva people combine the best of the earth and the sea. If you visit this Spanish region it is very common to find this delicious plate in the majority of the restaurants nearby the sea.
Traditional Spanish recipes from the province of Huelva in the region of Andalucia ( Spain).
Its local name is “Chocos con arroz y habas” which means “Cuttlefish with rice and broad beans” in Spanish
Local name of the dish: Chocos con arroz y habas
Place of origin: Spanish recipes, recipes from Andalucia
Type of course: Main dish
Type of cooking: Fried & boiled
Cuttlefish with rice and broad beans recipe for 6 servings
List of ingredients of Cuttlefish with rice and broad beans recipe:
- 1 kg (2.20 lbs) cuttlefish,
- 1 kg (2.20 lbs) young broad beans,
- 6 small cups rice, one per person,
- 12 small cups water (one per cup of rice)
- 1 small onion,
- 2 garlic cloves,
- 1 small red pepper,
- 1 ripe tomato,
- 1 cl (35 fl oz) dry white Condado wine,
- 1 cl (35 fl oz) extra virgin olive oil.
Preparation of Cuttlefish with rice and broad beans recipe:
- Lightly fry the onion, garlic, pepper and tomato together in a saucepan.
- Clean the cuttlefish and cut them into strips.
- Remove the strings from the sides and the tips of the broad beans and cut them into pieces.
- Chop the onion, garlic cloves, pepper and tomato.
- In a clay casserole, lightly fry the cuttlefish in olive oil until they sizzle, then add the wine, letting it cook until the wine evaporates.
- Then add the broad beans, a cup of water and salt, and let it cook for 10 minutes.
- Then add the rice and twice its volume in water.
- When the water comes to a boil, let it boil for 13 more minutes then season it to taste and remove it from the heat.
- Serve it immediately so the rice does not overcook.
Our recipes are collected directly from local people or authors living in Spain, Italy and Greece.
They have shared with us their local recipes and their Mediterranean lifestyle secrets.
This Spanish recipe can be also included at Mediterranean recipes or Healthy recipes group.
Traditional Spanish recipes
Cuttlefish with rice and broad beans recipe – Chocos con arroz y habas– Spanish recipes
https://www.recipes.spitella.net/cuttlefish-rice-broad-beans-recipe-chocos-con-arroz-y-habas-spanish-recipes/https://www.recipes.spitella.net/wp-content/uploads/sites/26/2014/08/005033-Cuttlefish-with-rice-and-broad-beans-recipe-Spanish-recipes.jpghttps://www.recipes.spitella.net/wp-content/uploads/sites/26/2014/08/005033-Cuttlefish-with-rice-and-broad-beans-recipe-Spanish-recipes-150x150.jpgHealthy RecipesLunch recipesMain dish recipesMediterranean recipesSpanish recipesbroad beans recipes,cuttlefish recipes,fish recipes,healthy recipes,mediterranean diet,mediterranean diet recipes,recipes,recipes from Andalucia,recipes from Huelva,rice recipes,spanish diet,spanish recipes,traditional spanish recipesIn Huelva people combine the best of the earth and the sea. If you visit this Spanish region it is very common to find this delicious plate in the majority of the restaurants nearby the sea. Traditional Spanish recipes from the province of Huelva in the region of Andalucia (...admin firstname.lastname@example.orgUserSpitella