Traditional Fideuà recipe– Spanish recipes
One of the key fish dishes in the Region of Valencia (Spain). Legend has it that fishermen created this recipe, a close cousin to the seafood paella, by replacing rice with noodles.
However, the secret to a good fideuà is in the preparation of the stock, made from fish (leftovers or rock fish) which infuses this dish with all its flavour and creates a strong reaction one way or the other in anyone who tries it.
This is one of the main dishes in Gandia (Region of Valencia), which holds the International Fideuà Competition every year.
Traditional Spanish recipes from the region of Valencia.
Its local name is “Fideuá”
Local name of the dish: Fideuá
Place of origin: Spanish recipes, recipes from Valencia
Type of course: Main dish
Type of cooking: Boiled
List of ingredients of Traditional Fideua recipe:
- 1/2 kg. (1.10 lbs) small fresh fish of the day,
- 1/2 kg. 81.10 lbs) diced tunny fish,
- 1 tomato,
- 2 dry red pepper pods,
- 6 cloves of garlic,
- 1/4 kg. (0.55 lbs) baby squid,
- 3 strips of sweet red pepper,
- 375 gr. (0.82 lbs) fideuà pasta (short, thick hollow noodles),
- Extra virgin olive oil,
Preparation of Traditional Fideua recipe:
- Boil the small fish in water with a little oil and two cloves of garlic over a low heat.
- Strain off the fish stock.
- Discard the small fish.
- Lightly fry the dry red pepper pods, then the tomato and the strips of red pepper.
- Crush the dry red pepper pods, plus the garlic, in a mortar, season to taste and reserve.
- Optionally, flour the tunny, fry lightly and reserve.
- Tip the oil used for frying into a paella pan.
- Stir the uncooked noodles around in this oil for a few minutes over a low heat.
- Add the crushed red pepper pods, the saffron and baby squid and stir around the pan a few times.
- Add the fish stock and leave to boil for 15-18 minutes.
- Just before it is done, add the red pepper strips.
- The noodles, when done, should be just turning soft.
Our recipes are collected directly from local people or authors living in Spain, Italy and Greece.
They have shared with us their local recipes and their Mediterranean lifestyle secrets.
This Spanish recipe can be also included at Mediterranean recipes or Healthy recipes group.
Traditional Spanish recipes
Traditional Fideua recipe – Spanish recipes
https://www.recipes.spitella.net/traditional-fideua-recipe-spanish-recipes/Healthy RecipesMediterranean recipesSpanish recipesbaby squid recipes,fideua recipe,fish recipes,mediterranean diet,recipes from valencia,spanish diet,spanish recipes,traditional spanish recipes,tunny fish recipesOne of the key fish dishes in the Region of Valencia (Spain). Legend has it that fishermen created this recipe, a close cousin to the seafood paella, by replacing rice with noodles. However, the secret to a good fideuà is in the preparation of the stock, made from fish (leftovers...admin firstname.lastname@example.orgUserSpitella