Traditional rice with fish recipe- Arròs a banda – Spanish recipes
Arròs a banda is a very highly esteemed dish nowadays and undoubtedly one of the most famous in the Region of Valencia (Spain).
Originally the rice was cooked with leftover fish from the markets, such as hake or monkfish, stewed with potato and onion.
The rice was cooked with the broth from the stew, as a mere side dish to accompany the fish, hence its name, which means ‘rice separately’.
It is usually served up with all i oli (garlic mayonnaise) and the town of Dénia holds a prestigious international arròs a banda competition every year.
Traditional Spanish recipes from the region of Valencia.
Its local name is “Arròs a banda” which means “Rice with fish recipe” in Spanish
Local name of the dish: Arròs a banda
Place of origin: Spanish recipes, recipes from Valencia
Type of course: Main dish
Type of cooking: Boiled
List of ingredients of Traditional rice with fish recipe:
- 1/2 kg. (1.10 lbs) angler fish,
- 1/4 kg. (0.55 lbs) mackerel,
- 1/4 kg. (0.55 lbs) horse mackerel,
- 1/4 kg. ( 0.55 lbs) blue-mouth rock fish,
- 1/4 kg. (0.55 lbs) eastern stargazer,
- 1/4 kg. (0.55 lbs) squilla,
- 150 gr. (0.33 lbs) cauliflower,
- 4 small potatoes,
- 400 gr. (0.88 lbs) rice,
- 2 dried red pepper pods,
- 4 cloves of garlic,
- Extra virgin olive oil,
Preparation of Traditional rice with fish recipe:
- Lightly fry the dried red pepper pods and grind them in a mortar with the garlic cloves.
- Add a little salt.
- Lightly fry the cauliflower and potato in the same oil and add the crushed pepper.
- Pour in water to cover the ingredients and let simmer for 10 minutes.
- Add the fish in order of texture and hardness.
- Add the saffron, leave the fish to simmer for 10-12 minutes and then strain off the stock.
- Add salt to taste.
- In a separate casserole, lightly fry the rice in a little oil and then add the fish stock.
- Leave to simmer for 18 minutes and then turn the heat off.
- Let settle for 5 minutes before serving.
- The fish is served separately (hence the name “a banda”) as a second dish.
Our recipes are collected directly from local people or authors living in Spain, Italy and Greece.
They have shared with us their local recipes and their Mediterranean lifestyle secrets.
This Spanish recipe can be also included at Mediterranean recipes or Healthy recipes group.
Traditional Spanish recipes
Traditional rice with fish recipe – Spanish recipes
005008_v00https://www.recipes.spitella.net/traditional-rice-fish-recipe-arros-banda-spanish-recipes/https://www.recipes.spitella.net/wp-content/uploads/sites/26/2014/07/005008-Traditional-rice-with-fish-recipe-Spanish-recipes.jpghttps://www.recipes.spitella.net/wp-content/uploads/sites/26/2014/07/005008-Traditional-rice-with-fish-recipe-Spanish-recipes-150x150.jpgHealthy RecipesLunch recipesMain dish recipesMediterranean recipesSpanish recipesangler fish recipes,fish recipes,healthy recipes,horse mackerel recipes,mediterranean diet,mediterranean diet recipes,recipes from valencia,rice recipes,rock fish recipes,spanish diet,spanish recipes,squilla recipes,traditional spanish recipesArròs a banda is a very highly esteemed dish nowadays and undoubtedly one of the most famous in the Region of Valencia (Spain). Originally the rice was cooked with leftover fish from the markets, such as hake or monkfish, stewed with potato and onion. The rice was cooked with the broth...admin email@example.comUserSpitella