Traditional Valencian Paella recipe- Paella Valenciana – Spanish recipes
Paella is the greatest symbol of Valencian cuisine and probably Spanish gastronomy as well, famed throughout the world. Its origin, like all humble dishes, comes from the combination of ingredients readily available to families, especially from the Valencian countryside, which provided fresh vegetables.
It was also common for families to raise their own chickens and breed rabbits, and so given the abundance in which rice crops are grown in La Albufera, the result is this authentic Valencian dish named after the pan in which it is cooked.
Traditional Spanish recipes from the region of Valencia.
Its local name is “Paella Valenciana” which means “Valencian Paella” in Spanish
Local name of the dish: Paella Valenciana
Place of origin: Spanish recipes, recipes from Valencia
Type of course: Main dish
Type of cooking: Boiled
List of ingredients of Traditional Valencian Paella recipe:
- 400 gr.(0.88 lbs) Rabbit,
- 700 gr. (1.54 lbs) Chicken,
- 300 gr. (0.66 lbs) Green beans,
- 100 gr. (0.22 lbs) Tavella,
- 200 gr. (0.44 lbs) broad beans,
- 1 ripe tomato,
- 400 gr. (0.88 lbs) Rice, D.O.Valencia,
- 8 spoonfuls of extra virgin olive oil,
- a pinch of paprika,
- saffron and
Preparation of Traditional Valencian Paella recipe:
- Heat a paella dish and add the oil, once this is hot add the meat cut up into pieces, fry it well and then add the green beans, the broad beans and the tavella.
- Continue to lightly fry this for about eight minutes and then add the grated tomato, when this is fried add the paprika and, without letting it burn, add water up to the rim of the dish.
- Leave it to cook for 30 minutes and add salt to taste.
- When the broth reaches the remaches add the rice and spread it round the dish, add the saffron and leave it to cook for a further 17 minutes.
- Leave it to sit for a few minutes before serving.
Our recipes are collected directly from local people or authors living in Spain, Italy and Greece.
They have shared with us their local recipes and their Mediterranean lifestyle secrets.
This Spanish recipe can be also included at Mediterranean recipes or Healthy recipes group.
Traditional Spanish recipes
Traditional Valencian Paella recipe – Spanish recipes
https://www.recipes.spitella.net/traditional-valencian-paella-recipe-paella-valenciana-spanish-recipes/https://www.recipes.spitella.net/wp-content/uploads/sites/26/2014/09/005076-Traditional-Valencian-Paella-recipe-Spanish-recipes.jpghttps://www.recipes.spitella.net/wp-content/uploads/sites/26/2014/09/005076-Traditional-Valencian-Paella-recipe-Spanish-recipes-150x150.jpgHealthy RecipesLunch recipesMain dish recipesMediterranean recipesSpanish recipesbroad beans recipes,chicken recipes,green beans recipes,healthy recipes,mediterranean diet,paella,paella recipes,rabbit recipes,recipes from valencia,rice recipes,spanish diet,spanish paella,spanish recipes,traditional spanish recipesPaella is the greatest symbol of Valencian cuisine and probably Spanish gastronomy as well, famed throughout the world. Its origin, like all humble dishes, comes from the combination of ingredients readily available to families, especially from the Valencian countryside, which provided fresh vegetables. It was also common for families to...admin email@example.comUserSpitella